Monday 30 June 2014

The scent for change

  Every time I've had to make a a big decision, I go beside myself, second guessing and worrying about little details. It can be nerve wrecking but in the end that's what life is all about. Funny thing is, in the midst of my panic I always manage to think about the smells around me. The good and the bad. I consider them part of the memory I am creating. Come when I decide to recall the big decision day, I will remember the the sights, the words, the people, the environment and also the smells.
Today is no different. Big decision day for me and here is the list of smells that will remain part of this day;
1. Fresh soapy smell of deodorant; my colleague came unusually close to me today, giving me an involuntary whiff of his deodorant. I guess today is emotional, I have just given notice of my resignation.
2. Rotten smell of a dead mammal; most likely a mouse. The office was fumigated recently and one of the  victims was probably a mouse.The poor thing must have drawn its last breath in a well hidden corner because despite fishing out three bloated bodies of its family members the sense infuriating stench remains, indicating there is still a now well decomposed mouse somewhere in that particular office; the makeshift HR office, in which I was  "debriefed" after my resignation.
3. Oakmoss and Bergamot!!! lovely. The new hand cream bestowed upon me by another colleague. I'll probably make a very long list if I mention them all, it's best to stop here

No comments:

Post a Comment