Thursday 26 June 2014

Unique, individual, niche, Indie





Everyone wants that something different these days, mainstream is not cool enough,  and "designer" is so yesterday, with the globe going green and the people going natural. It's all a mixture of good, bad, lies, truths and everything else in between.  A particularly good and sometimes not so good part of all that in the world of scents is the opportunity  for adventurous scent lovers  to travel the  underworld of   niche perfumes.  You know, any excuse to toot your nose  and feel like you're better that everyone else... not in a bad way of course (if you can pull that off)

Niche perfumes are handcrafted, with  real essential oils and other living stuff( by that i mean not synthetic). They provide that feeling of  wearing a custom made dress or driving a custom made car, they are currently taking on the notion "designer" used to have back then, when only a few people could brag about wearing  a particular designer's craft.

I love them, I make them albeit not always with absolutely living stuff.

I am thinking about inviting a few perfume enthusiasts to my little studio where we can sit, make perfumes and review one another stroke of genius or maybe the next Pandora's box in a tiny bottle. We could name our little beauties and declare ourselves a niche perfume house or studio. We'll have those little taste bud teasers they serve at these kind of things, It'll be great! I'll let you know when it is and how it goes.

Until then, I will still be loving my mainstream and enjoying my special creations. I don't see why I can't have both, do you?



No comments:

Post a Comment